Children’s Leadership Institute provides initial leadership training for administrators, building level cadres and/or building level staff. Coaching sessions and follow-up professional development for administrators take place throughout initial phases of establishing the Seeds of Success/Leadership EQ program within a school and/or district.
- Our k-5 program utilizes the Growing Fields series of books to introduce students to the life-changing leadership philosophies found in books, journals, and posters, along with cooperative learning strategies and techniques.
- The middle school program (grades 6-8) expands students’ use of the Seeds of Success/LEQ tools and strategies through cooperative learning in the classroom, involvement in a community project, journaling in the students’ Seeds of Success journal and other related homeroom activities.
- The high school program is a continuation of students utilizing the Seeds of Success/LEQ tools and strategies, actively engaging in cooperative learning lessons in their academic classrooms, involvement in a community project, participating in the Seeds of Success mentoring program, attending the Student (S2) Summit, and specific classroom activities highlighting the Seeds of Success.
Ultimately the sustained success of our Seeds of Success/LEQ program calls for:
- on-going best practices professional development programs structured with intentionality
- integrating building, district and state level Social Emotional Learning objectives/standards within the curriculum and daily school operations
- structured collegial support groups (PLC’s)
- highly effective principal leadership
- broad-based parent/community involvement
- celebrating the successes